Monday, October 24, 2011

Citroen C4 Key Fob Repair ?

Hello,


My citroen c4 key fob fell on the floor and broke open . I put it back to gether and the unlock and light button works but the lock doesnt – the car starts fine with the immobiliser but its a pain to lock by passenger door every time.


Calling penton they quoted £150 for a Replacement and i was wondering if anyone knows of a circuit repair or fob replacement as i find that a bit expensive???? (Dorset)


Any ideas would be great
Thanks!If you can find a similar key in a car breakers, or from a private seller such as an ebay shop, you could program it yourself, I have a C3 and I have the information to program my key, so I will give you that information for you to try, if that does not work for the C4, you could search on the internet for what is required, that is how I got mine reprogrammed.
I will add the information when I have typed it out a bit later, along with some links to relevant sites..


Addition. ( I hope that it works the same for a C4)
KEY PROGRAMMING FOR CITROEN C3.


1. Sit in the car with ALL the accessories turned off (lights,ETC) make sure that all the doors are shut.
2. Have all the remote keys with you but not on the same key ring, turn on the ignition with a key and hold down the LOCK button on that key for TEN seconds, if you have more than one remote key, remove the first key and repeat this procedure with the others.
3. when you have done this to all of the remote keys, remove the last one from the ignition and wait for one minute, DO NOT switch anything on inside the car and DO NOT open any of the doors, especially the drivers door.
4. After the minute is up, open and close the drivers door and then try working the remote keys (lock and unlock) they should all now be working, any that are not working may be faulty or have a duff battery.


Good luck.





No comments:

Post a Comment