Monday, June 18, 2012

Swiftly (Shane Koyczan/Cecilia Velasco)







An animated collaboration with spoken word artist and poet Shane Koyczan. Originally directed for the live show "We Were Here" that took place in Vancouver in May 2009, Swiftly was completed in two weeks through a mixture of rotoscoping and hand drawn animation. It has been well received in animation festivals, and was selected for the Canadian Showcase at the Ottawa International Animation Festival 2009. ----- Una colaboración con el poeta canadiense Shane Koyczan, este corto animado fue dirigido para el show "We Were Here" que fué presentado en Mayo del año pasado en la ciudad de Vancouver. Hecho en dos semanas usando tecnicas de rotoscopeo y animación tradicional, Swiftly ha sido bien recibido en festivales de animacion y fué recientemente seleccionado para el Festival Internacional de Animacion de Ottawa 2009. ©Cecilia Velasco Swiftly I dreamt once That even though we're not related Even though I'm a boy and you're a girl I dreamt once That we were siamese twins We spent most of our days brushing each other's hair and playing scrabble It was lovely And then one day a doctor told us we could change our lives together Filled our heads with ideas like privacy So we said yes Because we considered ourselves adventurous types So they wheeled us into the operating room and put us under And then I had a dream within a dream I dreamt that I was running swiftly And with a grace I had never known Ducking and rolling to avoid sharp branches I took lessons from Jesus Christ ...


No comments:

Post a Comment