Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Anyone have any experience with a remote starter causing low voltage to ignition?

I had a remote starter installed at Best Buy in November. All was well for six months until just recently, when the check engine light came on, indicating low voltage to the ignition system. Now my 2007 Trailblazer from time to time won’t turn over when I try to start it. I took it back to BB and they insist they didn’t cause it. The dealer says they did. I don’t want to uninstall it if I can avoid it. We did remove the bypass and everything went back to normal. I put the bypass back in after a few days and it worked fine for a week, then all the problems came right back. I’m wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, and if so, what is the fix, if there is one. Could it be something as simple as a loose wire? Or a faulty installation? Or plain old incompatiblity? (I hope not the latter)Sounds exactly like bad installation. You proved they did it with your tinkering. Id demand your money back.

No comments:

Post a Comment