Thursday, December 29, 2011

Car Starter Installation/buying question?

I have a 02 civic si coupe, and wanted to get a auto starter for the car. I’m 17 and have moderate knowledge about cars. This is the starter I am looking at:http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/VehicleAccessories/RemoteCarStarters/PRD~0340742P/ProStart+Two+Button+Remote+Starter+System.jsp?locale=en



____ Questions



1. How hard on a scale from 1-10 would it be to install? (1 being easiest and 10 being really hard) 2. Other than that starter, to get everything up and running will I need anything else? What?



Thanks =) -The start is 50% Off! -I live in Canada. -The car is AUTOmatic transmission -I’m not worried about wasting gas (if the car is on 3 minutes)



Thanks for your reply though. Anyone else have anything they can add?A Civic Si has a manual transmission, so this is not a good idea. To use it you’d have to bypass the switch that forces you to push in the clutch, and you would have to leave your car in neutral instead of in gear as it should be. If you leave it in neutral on any kind of slope and the emergency brake fails, your car could end up anywhere and you would be 100% responsible for any damages/injuries (or worse) that might happen.



On top of all that, remote starters are completely unnecessary. I live in New England, we get sub freezing temperatures, frost, snow, ice, all that, and I have never felt the need to start my car in advance, it just wastes gas.



EDIT – OK – did some digging apparently the Canadian market used Si on what was called the EX in the US so it was available with the slushbox. I looked at the reviews it looks easy enough and it’s certainly is cheap. Go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment