Thursday, October 4, 2012

QA: eBay "illegal Selling"?


Question by Justin C: eBay "illegal Selling"?
On eBay, I have these items for sale. They are all the same and I am keeping them confidential in here. It is a file that I burned to a blank CD that is free on the internet. There is no lisence agreement, nor does it say that nobody can make copies and sell the disk. A person who bought the disk from me contacted me and said that if he does not get his money back for the item, he is going to file a complaint with eBay for selling "Illegal" copies of a disk.

Here is what he said:

"I'm asking you to refund all my money ($ 5.49), otherwise I'll go to e-bay to file complain. Because the item you are selling are "Illegal copy" from your original (if you have one) or just download from the web site and burn it, which also is illegal to sell. In both case are totaly different as you post on e-bay."


Please let me know if I am correct in my point of view and if I could get in any kind of trouble at all.


Best answer:

Answer by Waz
just give him back him money, if you use ebay thay can delete you account for good. plus you have licence aggreements that you have to face up too


Add your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment