Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Should I get a minor, or will it even make a difference?

I have two choices, finish my 5 year Architecture degree a semester early or get a minor in Construction Management with an extra semester. It would save me that semester’s worth of loans and I don’t even know if it would help me that much to get the minor. I don’t really want to be an architect though, so I have been applying to construction companies with my goal being to work for a developer. Not completely set on that however… Advice?



In my opinion, as long as you have skills that apply to the jobs you want, the subject of your degree isn’t the end-all-be-all of your employment. If you’re in a tight financial situation, I would skip the minor. If you can afford the time and tuition, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment